Thursday, January 21, 2010

Is this January or April?

Usually when April hits, it gets to be the busiest time of the semester. People have concerts, finals, and alot of other stuff. Right now, I feel April is here. Between working two jobs, practicing, and school, it seems to me that I will keep myself busy for a while.

I had a lesson with Josh Wednesday, and it was a good one. I'm still having pains in my lip so practicing is being pretty hard. I went through my solo and Josh said, and I quote, "that is the best I have ever heard you play." I played the first page of my solo that I will be doing in April for my 300 level audition. I was pretty excited and it just wanted me to practice even more.

2 comments:

  1. You just keep getting better and better, so keep it up. Something that I used to do as a form of practicing away from the horn was to play the music on bass guitar... you essentially practice both instruments simultaneously that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice the 6th Tuplets slowly. Make sure that you are wrking the fingers out because it is not easy!!! However, you will get it.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete